Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Science Experiment Gone Oh So Wrong

Since there haven't been any comments to this blog other than the one I left, I'm going to keep writing with things that are of interest only to me. I'm sure you've all heard of my Nalgene bottle saga, here's the last of it. If anyone has a bottleless lid, I'll take it off your hands.

The first picture illustrates the horrible scene I encountered when I learned the root cause of the burning plastic smell in my house. As much as I wanted to believe it was coming from outside I knew it was only a matter of time before I found the melted corpse of something plastic. Since I don't clean my kitchen very often, it was days before I came across this poor lid.



The part of the story this picture doesn't tell is where the lid fell through the bottom shelf of the dishwasher so it was impossible to get to the dishes on the bottom. I had to take the jaws of life (kitchen scissors) after it to access my ice cream bowls. It would be days before I had the gumption to break the rest free but at least I could have my evening bowl of Fudge Tracks.

The next picture is the disfigured remains of the lid. It's a damn shame. Can I get a moment of silence for my homie that went down in the struggle? Jim, please, just a moment of silence.



The moral of the story here is relatively self-explanatory, but I'll explain it to you in case you missed it. Do not, under any circumstances whatsoever, leave your ice cream bowls on the bottom shelf of the dishwasher if you're going to be washing your Nalgene bottles. I've also found that the pouring shield for a Kitchenaid mixer has a similar response to the heating element. I wonder if there's a connection.

May God have mercy on your souls,
Judge Sunshiney Ass

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll comment on anything since I'm anonymous. Judge, do you always do photodocumentaries on your household accidents? You need to get out more!
One of those pictures looked like a croissant by the way....